Friday, February 26, 2010

Irony

If it were warmer and lighter out then when the cat wakes me up at 5:00 a.m. to go out, I could at least throw on the Supernovas and head out for a run and reduce some stress rather freaking out about all that needs to get done at work on the current annual project that drives me crazy this time of year and extending the already long work day into the wee-hours of the morning.

If it were warmer and lighter out at 5:00 in the morning so that I could go out for a run, the cat would already be outside--having slept outside all night--and I would be done with said crazy, annual project and not as stressed out and therefore would require an alarm to rouse me from my restful early spring slumber.

2 comments:

  1. That cat needs to get real. 5 a.m. is no time for any living thing to be going outside, especially when it's cold and dark. But I do feel your pain. Often, I wake myself up with bad dreams about work. That feels gratuitous, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well--it is one of the same cats from SLC days, so he is ooooooolldd and cranky. And that is how his meow sounds. Of course, the real prob is that even if he doesn't meow, I usually wake up and, well, gratuitous as you say.

    ReplyDelete