- 95 degree code orange (or red) days;
- taking 20 minutes to go five miles;
- too long work days (yes, already) trying to address the fact that we have more work to do than staff to handle it;
- standing in a Metro car (after said work day) with a bunch of other tired grumpy DC workers;
- stress (and, yes I know all the right things I am supposed to do to address it, but really I would just rather not have it);
- realizing that there are multiple trips coming up that will take me away from the family;
- mindless nonsense; and, of course,
- feeling guilty for having life dominated by work.
In fact, it has seemed to me that it took work a much shorter time to erase vacation than it did for vacation to take hold of my psyche--which then made me wonder what I did miss while on vacation. Certainly their were colleagues and friends it was good to see again. And it is always great to be in your own home, particularly one you have invested a lot of time and sweat in, but we always make a home where we are.
Ultimately the list is pretty short. Hmmmm . . . . .