Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Is My Body Telling Me?

It started yesterday morning--a hint of a sore throat, feeling a little tired, but there was still hope that having committed to getting back on a running schedule after metaphorically falling of the treadmill for a few months, my body was just saying slow down a bit, your old and out of shape.

But it got worse by mid-day. Again, perhaps just needed a bit more fuel and some hot tea. That lasted for about a nano-second and by late afternoon I was pretty miserable--tired, constricted throat, etc. I tried to to blame it on another dreadful planning meeting for an upcoming conference, but even after limping home, seeing the family, watching a few Hitler movies (that usually does the trick), nursing myself with a little of the usual and getting some dinner, nothing had improved. I was toast. My body was simply saying, your sick dude.

Great.

Then again perhaps my body knew that this news was coming out today and it just was trying to keep me off the roads for the sake of my mental health since really sleeping of a sickness really is in some ways preferable to commuting to attend irritating meetings, right?

Nap time.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, so sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon, but not before you sleep like it's your job.

    ReplyDelete