Thursday, November 26, 2009

You May Just Have to Wait for the Music, We'll See

Seems like it is a 50/50 chance that I am going to actually post on any music I have been listening to as we are about to enter into the "I only listen to holiday music (or post about holiday music)" zone--as I have previously admitted. So, let me just put down a post-turkey, pre-Christmas tree raising marker tonight to say that here is what I owe you as far as I know (and will get to come in January if not before).
  • commentary on the the new Dave Rawlings Machine album (aka another Dave and Gillian disc)--hint, yummm;
  • recent jazz listening (which is all acceptable, but not amazing);
  • my next post on my backward walk through the Avett Brothers catalog;
  • a post wondering if Jason Moran is the jazz artist of the oughts;
  • there is also the new Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons album; and,
  • I am beginning to look back through the what I missed this decade list.
And now as the T-Day meal is officially done, I am off to do a little holiday music shopping informed primarily by AccuJazz who has been tweeting good suggestions from their upcoming holiday channel for a couple days now (I grant them a pass on the no Christmas tunes before T-Day rule because, well, because it is a random rule I can declare in place or not whenever I feel like it).

May I be the first to say happy holidays BTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment